Keyboard Operability Techniques
Posted: December 8, 2021 at 2:51 pm, Last Updated: December 8, 2021 at 2:53 pm
Start by moving the cursor to the top of the page. This can be done by:
- Start by pressing Ctrl + Home, or
- Click the mouse so that the focus is at the top of the page.
Now, use one of the techniques listed below to test keyboard operability:
- Use the mouse to hover over any menus to see if they change color/drop down, etc.
Option 2 (Using the keyboard alone):
- If any buttons/links change color or drop down when you hover with the mouse, do the same effects take place when using just the Tab key?
- If the Tab focus can be moved to an element, can it also be moved away from that element? (i.e., keyboard traps)
Option 3 (With a screen reader):
- Do NVDA and/or VoiceOver read all links correctly when pressing the Tab key?
Write to Korey Singleton at email@example.com