* – links open in a new tab
Whether you have a disability or not, the ATI is committed to ensuring equivalent access to all information and communications technology (ICT) resources on our campuses. We provide direct assistive technology assessment, training, and support services to individuals with disabilities in the Mason community who require immediate technology solutions. We also work closely with our campus strategic partners to develop and implement a broad, comprehensive ICT accessibility plan. Contact Us for more information!
- Informal assistive technology (AT) assessments and training (walk-ins or referrals)
- Provision of accessible media (closed captioning and audio description for instructional and front-facing video resources)*
- Provision of accessible textbook and tactile graphics for students, staff, and faculty with print-related disabilities
- Document remediation for any Word, PowerPoint, or PDF documents hosted on front-facing websites or used in the classroom
- Web Accessibility testing, training, and support (for all Mason websites and classroom web-based tools)
- Training and support on creating accessible instructional materials (documents, videos, etc.).
- Course accessibility audits (online, face-to-face, and hybrid)*
- Technical assistance for ITS and Library personnel on ICT accessibility and/or AT-related issues
- Maintenance of Assistive Technology Labs in campus libraries
- Provision of other resources for accessible technology
ATI Virtual Open House Series, 6/1-6/5
Meet ATI Staff
Learn more about the ATI’s team of AT and ICT accessibility specialists here to help you!
Virtual Open House Schedule
The Virtual Open House* schedule will be as follows (click the link to connect to each session):
- June 1st (Monday) – Assistive Technology Tools, Supports, and Services (Tiffany O’Neal)
- June 2nd (Tuesday) – Accessible Textbooks Q&A (Nancy Borck and Jen Little Brown)
- June 3rd (Wednesday) – Captioning and Transcription Solutions (Robert Starr)
- June 4th (Thursday) – Creating Accessible Word, PPT, and PDF Documents (Robert Starr)
- June 5th (Friday) – Web Accessibility Basics (Kristine Neuber)
Upcoming Summer 2020 AT & ICT Training Workshops
Starting on June 15th, ATI staff will host a series of Summer 2020 AT & ICT accessibility training workshops. A sampling of proposed workshop offerings is as follows:
- Notetaking Strategies for Online Courses
- Captioning and Transcription – Who? What? When? Where? Why?
- Understanding the Accessible Textbook Process
- Making your Word, PPT, and PDF Documents Accessible
- Web Accessibility 101
- Using Bb Ally to make your course content accessible
- And more…
Details coming soon…
Want to learn more? Contact the ATI Office for more information!