* – links open in a new tab
Whether you have a disability or not, the ATI is committed to ensuring equivalent access to all information and communications technology (ICT) resources on our campuses. We provide direct assistive technology assessment, training, and support services to individuals with disabilities in the Mason community who require immediate technology solutions. We also work closely with our campus strategic partners to develop and implement a broad, comprehensive ICT accessibility plan. Contact Us for more information!
- Informal assistive technology (AT) assessments and training (walk-ins or referrals)
- Provision of accessible media (closed captioning and audio description for instructional and front-facing video resources)*
- Provision of accessible textbook and tactile graphics for students, staff, and faculty with print-related disabilities
- Document remediation for any Word, PowerPoint, or PDF documents hosted on front-facing websites or used in the classroom
- Web Accessibility testing, training, and support (for all Mason websites and classroom web-based tools)
- Training and support on creating accessible instructional materials (documents, videos, etc.).
- Course accessibility audits (online, face-to-face, and hybrid)*
- Technical assistance for ITS and Library personnel on ICT accessibility and/or AT-related issues
- Maintenance of Assistive Technology Labs in campus libraries
- Provision of other resources for accessible technology
Blackboard Ally is here!
Starting in Fall 2020, Blackboard Ally will be available in all Mason courses! Blackboard Ally is an accessibility tool that is designed to help institutions build a more inclusive online learning environment and improve access to instructional resources. Overall, it creates a more engaging and user-friendly experience for students by enabling to select the alternate formats (e.g., electronic braille, PDFs, audio/MP3, etc.) that best support their specific learning needs.
How can Ally help me?
Contact the ATI Office for more information!