Adding alternative text descriptions to images on Facebook before you post
Posted: June 7, 2020 at 10:31 am, Last Updated: June 7, 2020 at 12:06 pm
To add alternative text descriptions before you post the image, do the following:
- Click Photo/Video at the top of your News Feed.
- Select the photo you want to add.
- Click Edit Photo.
- In the Alternative Text box, write your alternative text description (i.e., alt text). You can also add a Caption for the image.
- To save your alt text and caption, click Save on the bottom left.
- Click the Left Arrow, then click Done.
- Your post will look like this when it is completed (NOTE: The alt text does not appear. It is only available to the screen reader user):
Write to Korey Singleton at email@example.com