Identify Table Column Headers
Posted: June 7, 2020 at 1:30 pm
Table headers allow screen reading applications to associate the data in a table cell with the respective column header.
Why is this important?
Without this information, students with visual impairments who use screen readers lack the necessary contextual information to understand the meaning of the data that is presented.
To add table headers in your Blackboard course, do the following:
- Right-click on the table row that includes the column headers.
- When the sub-menu opens, select Row.
- Next, select Table Row Properties.
- Under Row Type, select Header.
- Under Alignment, select Center.
- Click Update.
ADDITIONAL GUIDANCE FOR TABLE HEADERS: Make data predictable and easy to navigate. Avoid using merged or split cells and, whenever possible, use simple tables (i.e., one row for column headers and/or one column for row headers.
Write to Korey Singleton at firstname.lastname@example.org