Use Meaningful Hyperlink Text (PPT)
Posted: June 7, 2020 at 8:55 pm, Last Updated: June 7, 2020 at 9:47 pm
Hyperlinks should inform users where clicking the link will actually take them.
- E.g., Use George Mason University Home Page* as opposed to http://www.gmu.edu*.
- E.g., Avoid URLs and non-specific references like “click here” or “read more”
To create meaningful hyperlink in Microsoft 365 PPT, do the following:
- Select the URL that you would like to replace with meaningful hyperlink text.
- Go to the Insert tab. Select Links.
- Enter the descriptive link text in Display text textbox.
- Enter the URL in the Address textbox.
- Click Insert.
Why is this important?
Screen reading applications allow users to list the links on the page in a separate dialog window. This feature allows a user to quickly scan through all of the links on a web page. Unfortunately, it also strips away the surrounding content leaving the user only with the link text provided.
Write to Korey Singleton at email@example.com