Compliance, Diversity and Ethics
Who We Are
- The mission of the ATI is to help provide individuals with disabilities an accessible
university environment. This is accomplished by collaboratively working with all departments/units within
the Mason community to develop and coordinate implementation of a university-wide accessibility plan to ensure equivalent access to information technology, e-learning, and communication resources.
- We operate under the Compliance, Diversity & Ethics (CDE) office, reporting directly to the ADA Coordinator.
What We Do
- Informal assistive technology assessments and trainings for Mason employees and students (walk-ins or referrals).
- Provision of accessible text to students, faculty, and staff with print-related disabilities (referral only).
- Provision of accessible media, captioning and audio description.
- Technical assistance for ITU and Library personnel on AT-related issues.
- Section 508/Web Accessibility Training and Support for Mason employees and students.
- Web Accessibility Testing for all Mason websites and classroom web-based tools.
- Maintenance of Assistive Technology Labs on all campuses.
- Web Compliance Initiative: The purpose of this initiative is to test all Mason websites for web accessibility. Mason is to comply
with all state and federal laws in regards to web accessibility. For more information about how these laws include our university, please visit Web Accessibility.
- VA HEAT (Virginia Higher Education Accessible Technology): ATI has an initiative to partner with other universities to ensure that persons with disabilities have equivalent access to I.T. and communication resources.
- FREE Software - Read and Write Gold: ATI has purchased a campus wide license of Texthelp's Read and Write Gold for all students, faculty and staff. This program aids in reading, writing, studying, research, etc. For more information visit Reading, Writing, Studying Tools.
Fall 2014 Trainings coming soon... Spring 2014 Archived Trainings Fall 2013 Archived Trainings
Fall 2014 Trainings coming soon...
Spring 2014 Archived Trainings
Fall 2013 Archived Trainings