The mission of the ATI is to help provide equivalent access to electronic and information technology resources for members of the Mason community, as well as visitors to Mason campuses. This is accomplished by working collaboratively with the ITU, academic and administrative departments/units, faculty, as well as library personnel to develop, coordinate, and implement a university-wide technology accessibility plan that ensures conformity with the technical standards outlined in WCAG 2.0 and Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act. This includes training and technical assistance regarding the appropriate use of assistive technology, web compliance, document/media accessibility, procurement, and software applications testing. Additionally, we coordinate with the ODS and the ADA Coordinator to address the technology accommodation needs of students, staff, and faculty with disabilities.
We operate under Compliance, Diversity & Ethics (CDE), reporting directly to the ADA Coordinator.
Explore our Guide to Creating Accessible Electronic Materials (PDF) and the topics in the main navigation for more information about accessible technology.
- Provision of accessible text to students, faculty, and staff with print-related disabilities (referral only).
- Provision of accessible media, closed captioning and audio description.
- Section 508/Web Accessibility Training and Support for Mason employees and students.
- Web Accessibility Testing for all Mason websites and classroom web-based tools.
- Informal assistive technology assessments and trainings for Mason employees and students (walk-ins or referrals).
- Maintenance of Assistive Technology Labs on all campuses.
- Technical assistance for ITU and Library personnel on AT-related issues.
- Provision of other resources for accessible technology.