Equity and Diversity Services
Who We Are
- The mission of the ATI is to help provide individuals with disabilities an accessible
university environment. This is accomplished by collaboratively working with all departments/units within
the Mason community to develop and coordinate implementation of a university-wide accessibility plan to ensure equivalent access to information technology, e-learning, and communication resources.
- We operate under the Office of Equity & Diversity Services, reporting directly to the ADA Coordinator.
What We Do
- Provide assistive technology trainings and informal assessments for Mason students, faculty and staff.
- Conduct faculty and staff trainings on how to make course materials accessible to all students.
- Conduct department-wide trainings on web/document accessibility.
- Manage production of accessible textbooks and accessible media requests.
- Provide web accessibility testing for all Mason websites, applications/online resources used in the classroom, and ASC requests.
For more detailed information about what we do, please visit Services.
- Web Compliance Initiative: The purpose of this initiative is to test all Mason websites for web accessibility. Mason is to comply
with all state and federal laws in regards to web accessibility. For more information about how these laws include our university, please visit Web Accessibility.
- VA HEAT (Virginia Higher Education Accessible Technology): ATI has an initiative to partner with other universities to ensure that persons with disabilities have equivalent access to I.T. and communication resources.
- FREE Software - Read and Write Gold: ATI has purchased a campus wide license of Texthelp's Read and Write Gold for all students, faculty and staff. This program aids in reading, writing, studying, research, etc. For more information visit Reading, Writing, Studying Tools.
Spring 2014 training & webinar info coming soon! Fall 2013 Archived Trainings
Fall 2013 Archived Trainings