The IT Accessibility Working Group has been formed from the IT Accessibility Standing Committee (authorized by the Office for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion opens a new window, formerly Compliance, Diversity and Ethics) to provide guidance and solutions regarding matters that impact information technology accessibility on Mason’s campuses and compliance with the ADA opens a new window, The Commonwealth of Virginia’s IT Access Act opens a new window, and other relevant laws.
Duties and responsibilities of the Working Group involve:
- Work in partnership with the ATI to identify issues regarding equivalent access to information technology resources on Mason campuses.
- Provide technical assistance and solutions to improve access to programs and services for individuals with disabilities.
- Promote awareness of information technology accessibility at Mason.
- Advise Compliance, Diversity and Ethics regarding technological developments and products related to compliance with the university policies and relevant local, state, and federal legislation.
- Participate on IT Accessibility subcommittees as needed.
For more information about how to become involved with the IT Accessibility Working Group, please contact Korey Singleton, ATI Manager.
IT Accessibility Working Group: Documents
- Provost’s Letter: Ensuring Equivalent Access to Educational Materials and Programming – Fall 2013 (PDF) opens a new window
- Executive – Summary Spring 2013 (PDF) opens a new window
- Bridge Towards Compliance and Accessibility Report- Spring 2013 (PDF) opens a new window
- Addendum A – Suggested Timeline Spring 2013 (PDF) opens a new window
- Addendum B – High Impact: High Priority Recommendations: Spring 2013 (PDF) opens a new window