Read & Write opens a new window is a FREE literacy software (PC & Mac) available for all Mason students, faculty & staff. Read & Write Supports different learning styles (Example: Auditory & Visual), reading comprehension, writing & studying skills, English as a second language (ESL), and research.
Features of Read & Write Include:
- Text-to-Speech (Have PDF/Word read out loud)
- Digital Highlighting (Highlight notes in documents with multiple colors)
- Speech Maker (Create an MP3 audio file from a document)
- Word Prediction (Makes writing papers easier and faster)
- Language Translator
- Scan Hard Copy Documents to Word, PDF or HTML files (scanner required)
How can I get Read & Write?
To get your copy of Read & Write by Texthelp, follow the download instructions below.
Please note, this software works best with accessible /alternative text options
Download Read & Write
- Download Read&Write by Texthelp opens a new window (Mac and PC versions available)
- Read&Write Download and Installation Instructions [PDF] opens a new window
Read & Write Resources
- RW Training Documents by Texthelp opens a new window. Use this resource to learn about the different versions of Read&Write (Windows, Mac, Chrome, iPad, Android, etc.).
- Read&Write Key Tools for Basic Usage opens a new window document breaks down each Read&Write tool, providing a brief overview, short video tutorials, and suggested best practices for instructors.