* – links open in a new tab
Scanning stations are available in campus libraries and AT Labs/ATI office for students to scan and convert hard-copy materials (books, documents, etc.) to electronic format. Self-scanning can also be done using the Canon copier/printers located around campus.
AT Lab Locations
Free self-scanning stations are available during library hours. Students registered with Disability Services must contact the ATI to receive a door code for the Gateway (JC) Library AT Lab.
- Xerox High Speed Documate 5445 (in Gateway JC Library; scans approx. 80-90 pages per minute).
- Scan Snap Scanner (in Gateway JC Library; best for one-page documents or for students who do not wish to un-bind books).
- (2) Xerox Documate 515 scanners with automatic document feeders (scans approximately 15 pages per minute, sizes up to 8.5″ x 14″).
- Gateway (JC) Library has 2 Xerox 515 Documate scanners.
- One Xerox 515 Documate scanner at other AT labs.
Free scanning by appointment only for all students.
- DocuMate 5445 High Speed Scanner (approx. 80-90 pages per minute). NOTE: Books must already be cut and un-bound to process through the DocuMate.
- *Fujitsu ScanSnap Scanner (best for one-page documents or for students who do not wish to un-bind their books).
- To make an appointment for self-scanning, please call us at 703-993-4329 or fill out a Request Services Form (Select Technology Training as Reason for Request).
- NOTE: Please bring your personal flash drive to save your scanned files.
Preparing Books for Scanning Options
Students must have their own materials prepped for scanning (owned books can be cut by vendors below). Contact ATI for rental book scanning options.
- UPS Store in Merten Hall – This location will cut and re-bind books for a fee. Please contact them directly at 703-865-5544 for more details.