Read & Write by Texthelp
* – links open in a new tab
*Read & Write is a FREE literacy software (PC & Mac) available for all Mason students, faculty & staff. Read & Write Supports different learning styles (Example: Auditory & Visual), reading comprehension, writing & studying skills, English as a second language (ESL), and research.
Features of Read & Write Include:
- Text-to-Speech (Have PDF/Word read out loud)
- For information on how to convert books to PDF/Word visit the Self-Scanning Stations website.
- Digital Highlighting (Highlight notes in documents with multiple colors)
- Speech Maker (Create an MP3 audio file from a document)
- Word Prediction (Makes writing papers easier and faster)
- Language Translator
- Scan Hard Copy Documents to Word, PDF or HTML files (scanner required)
Download Read & Write
Add the Accessibility module on My Mason Blackboard to download Read & Write for PC, Mac, or tablet.
Read and Write Resources
- *RW Training Documents by Texthelp for Windows, Mac, iPad, and Android