Windows Built-In Accessibility
* – links open in a new tab
Windows 7, 8, and 10 Accessibility features can be found in the Microsoft links below. If you have any questions about these features, or would like to see a demonstration of how these features work, fill out the Request Services form.
Windows 10 includes a variety of accessibility features designed to assist with seeing, hearing, and using Windows 10. The accessibility features include; narrator, magnifier, high contrast, closed captions, keyboard, and mouse. Each option includes customization capabilities designed to improve access to the computer.
- *Windows 10 Accessibility Features (Including: Speech Recognition and Narrator)
- *Microsoft Office 365
- *Microsoft 2013 Accessibility
Check out some of the accessibility features in the video below.
Windows 8 accessibility integrates built-in assistive technologies with a touch-screen interface. With touch devices, you can directly interact with everything on your screen by touch, without using a keyboard or mouse.
With Windows 8 you can easily access the most commonly used accessibility options right from the sign-in screen. Select the Ease of Access button in the lower-left corner of your screen, or press the Windows key+U, to choose startup accessibility settings for your PC.
Visit the links below for more information on Windows 8 accessibility or view the demo video below to see & hear the features in action.
- *Windows 8 Accessibility Features
- *Windows 8 Narrator features (Screen Reader)
- *Windows 8 Magnifier features
Windows 7 includes accessibility options and programs that make it easier to see, hear, and use your computer. Windows 7 includes accessibility improvements.
Magnifier now includes a lens mode and full-screen mode. On-Screen Keyboard can be resized to make it easier to see and includes text prediction.
View the links below for more information on Windows 7 accessibility features, Microsoft Office and Internet Explorer accessibility.
- Windows Speech Recognition Quick-sheet (DOC)
- *Windows 7 Accessibility Features and Tutorials
- *Microsoft Keyboard Shortcuts
- *Office 2010 Accessibility Features
- *Internet Explorer Accessibility Features