Mac OS & iOS Built-In Accessibility
* – links open in a new tab
Mac OS & iOS Built In Features
Apple includes assistive technology in its operating systems as standard features. For example, iPhone, iPad, iPod, and Mac OS X include screen magnification and VoiceOver, a screen-access technology, for the blind and visually impaired. To assist those with cognitive and learning disabilities, every Mac includes an alternative, simplified user interface that rewards exploration and learning. And, for those who find it difficult to use a mouse, every Mac computer includes Mouse Keys, Slow Keys, and Sticky Keys, which adapt the computer to the user’s needs and capabilities.
Mac & iOS Accessibility Resources
- Speech-to-Text Quick Sheet (Mac OS)
- Text-to-Speech Quick Sheet (Mac OS)
- *Mac OS X Accessibility
- *Mac OS X Keyboard Shortcuts
- *iPad/iPhone Accessibility Features
- *Atomic Learning’s Mac Accessibility Video Series
If you’d like to see a demo of any of these features, please contact ATI to schedule an appointment.