IT Accessibility Working Group
* – link opens in a new tab
The IT Accessibility Working Group has been formed from the IT Accessibility Standing Committee (authorized by *Compliance, Diversity and Ethics) to provide guidance and solutions regarding matters that impact information technology accessibility on Mason’s campuses and compliance with the *ADA, The *CommonWealth of Virginia’s IT Access Act, and other relevant laws.
Duties and responsibilities of the Working Group involve:
- Work in partnership with the ATI to identify issues regarding equivalent access to information technology resources on Mason campuses.
- Provide technical assistance and solutions to improve access to programs and services for individuals with disabilities.
- Promote awareness of information technology accessibility at Mason.
- Advise Compliance, Diversity and Ethics regarding technological developments and products related to compliance with the university policies and relevant local, state, and federal legislation.
- Participate on IT Accessibility subcommittees as needed.
For more information about how to become involved with the IT Accessibility Working Group, please contact *Korey Singleton, ATI Manager.
IT Accessibility Working Group: Documents
- Provost’s Letter: Ensuring Equivalent Access to Educational Materials and Programming – Fall 2013 (PDF)
- Executive – Summary Spring 2013 (PDF)
- Bridge Towards Compliance and Accessibility Report- Spring 2013 (PDF)
- Addendum A – Suggested Timeline Spring 2013 (PDF)
- Addendum B – High Impact: High Priority Recommendations: Spring 2013 (PDF)