Reading, Writing, Studying Tools
*Link opens in a new window.
*Read & Write is a FREE software that is provided by the ATI for any individual with a Mason ID. The toolbar contains many features that integrate with the programs you use everyday such as Word, Adobe Reader, internet browsers and more. Contact the ATI for training to see which features are right for you! View the video below for how to download through the Blackboard My Mason Portal, or select the download instructions link.
Read & Write Supports:
- Different learning styles
- Reading comprehension
- Study skills
- Research and more!
Features of Read & Write Include:
- Text-to-Speech (Have documents & internet articles read to you)
- Digital Highlighting (Highlight notes in documents with multiple colors)
- Speech Maker (Create an MP3 audio file from a document)
- Word Prediction (Makes writing papers easier and faster)
- Scan Hard Copy Documents to Word, PDF or HTML files
Premium Versions Available in Blackboard Include:
- *NEW! Read & Write for PC: Version 11.5
- *Read & Write for Mac: Version 6
- Download Instructions for Read & Write on Blackboard (PDF)
Read & Write for Tablets
As part of the Mason community, members also have access for free to the new Read & Write integrated keyboards for iPad & Android tablets.
- *Visit this link for information on Read & Write for Tablets
- Download Instructions for Read & Write on Tablets (PDF)
- *Read & Write for Google Chrome (Free version available or personal 30 day premium version trial- not supported by Mason)
How to Download Read and Write on Blackboard (No Narration, Background Music Only)
Read and Write Resources