Read & Write by Texthelp
*Link opens in a new window.
*Read & Write is a FREE literacy software (PC & Mac) available for all Mason students, faculty & staff. The toolbar contains many features that integrate with the programs you use everyday such as Word, Adobe Reader, internet browsers and more. Contact the ATI for training to see which features are right for you! View the video below for how to download through the Blackboard My Mason Portal, or select the download instructions link.
Read & Write Supports:
- Different learning styles (Example: Auditory & Visual)
- Reading comprehension
- Writing & Studying skills
- English as a Second Language (ESL)
- Research and more!
Features of Read & Write Include:
- Text-to-Speech (Have documents and books in PDF/Word read out loud)
- For information on how to convert books to PDF/Word visit: Self-Scanning Stations
- Digital Highlighting (Highlight notes in documents with multiple colors)
- Speech Maker (Create an MP3 audio file from a document)
- Word Prediction (Makes writing papers easier and faster)
- Language Translator
- Scan Hard Copy Documents to Word, PDF or HTML files
- And more!
Downloads Available on My Mason Blackboard Include:
- Read & Write for PC: Version 11.5
- Read & Write for Mac: Version 6
- Download Instructions for Read & Write on Blackboard (PDF)
Read & Write Mobile App
- Contact the ATI for more information on access to the iOS and Android mobile app.
How to Download Read and Write on Blackboard for PC
Read and Write Resources