Assistive Technology Initiative Office
All University Libraries provide reasonable accommodations to patrons with special needs. Upon request, arrangements can be made to assist users with locating and retrieving materials, photocopying or other services.
For additional information regarding Library disability services, please contact the Office of Disability Services (ODS) at 703-993-2474.
Assistive Technology equipment and software applications are available for Library patrons on the Fairfax, Prince William and Arlington Campuses of George Mason University.
The assistive technology (AT) rooms have been established for all patrons requiring accommodations to access library materials and services. They are locked for security purposes and to maintain their availability to patrons who need to use the equipment. Please ask a library worker for assistance in entering the room. Codes for entry into the Johnson Center AT room are provided to students registered with the Assistive Technology Initiative (ATI) upon request at ATI.
The standard assistive technology equipment and software (listed in Assistive Technology Equipment and Software Applications on this page) is available at the following locations.
- Johnson Center Library (Fairfax Campus), Johnson Center, Room 134I
- Fenwick Library (Fairfax Campus), Fenwick, Main Floor
- Mercer Library (Prince William Campus), Occoquan Building, Room 104E
- Arlington Campus Library, Founders Hall, Room 350
- George Mason University Law Library (Arlington Campus), Hazel Hall, Room 141 (Reference Office) and Room 342 (Computer Lab)
- Kellar Institute Assistive Technology Lab (Fairfax Campus), Krug Hall, Room 102 (phone:703-993-3589)